After watching a few videos on Youtube and making my detangling potion made of Aloe Vera gel and water, I decided to add just a bit of essential oil. I went over to my local health food store and smelt over ten oils from: hibiscus, eucalyptus, orange, lavender and I came across lime oil. I was intrigue so and must admit it was so intoxicating. I instantly fell in love. If you have never smelt the natural fragrances I mean the pure essentials oils you must.
So, What is lime oil?
Lime oil is an essential oil and like many essential oil serves a great benefit when mix with many carrier oils. As shown in the picture above it is derived from limes. I experimented with Castor oil and lime oil for my hair care, often times I would add argan oil. My most effective results was mixing argan oil and lime oil to combat my sudden breaks which I am most cetain was caused by stress.
Growing up in the West Indies you learn alot about the natural healing properties of many of earth's given gifts. Lime oil has an intoxicating aroma, good for cool fevers associated with colds, sore throats, flu and aids the immune systems easing such alias as bronchitis, sinusitis and asthma. Lime oil can stimulate and refresh a tired mind and helps with depression.
It can be helpful for arthritis, rheumatism and poor circulation, as well as for obesity, cellulite and has an astringent and toning action to clear oily skin and acne, and also helps with herpes, insect bites and cuts.
What are some benefits to lime oil?
Any hair benefits?
Lime oil is great for treating scalp problems, it is packed with vitamin C, photochemicals and trace minerals like iron and calcium. I have personally experimented with this oil for the pass few months, my scalp was giving was dry, itchy and sore. I did some reach for natural alternatives and learned it was great for my skin and scalp. In the pass few months I have used it in my leave-ins, deep conditioning, oil treatments and face regimens for healthy scalp and skin,
Here are a few benefits:
· Removes Dirt and Oil especially if you have oily hair, product build up
· lime juice can be used as a shampoo your hair will be soft and shiny hair that will promote a healthy scalp for hair growth.
· If you are suffering from dandruff, you can apply a mixture of lime juice, coconut oil and gooseberry (amla) oil on your scalp and leave overnight. This will not only remove dandruff but is effective in treating any kind of eczema
· Lime juice aids in hair loss prevention
· When mixed with coconut oil it aids in length retention
· Applying a mixture of castor oil and lime juice can improve hair growth and provides you with rich, luxurious and healthy hair.
· lime juice can also be used for hair lightening.
Lime oil is beneficial to the immune system, easing infection
· respiratory tract
· relieving pain in muscles and joints
· revitalizing a tired mind
· banishing the feeling of apathy, anxiety and depression.
I was able to find these helpful tips online to aid with many of the uses for Lime oil
Burners and vaporizers: In vapor therapy, lime oil can be used to lift depression and energize a tired mind, while easing breathing and assisting the digestion
Blended massage oil or in the bath: Lime oil can be used as a massage oil or diluted in the bath, to help with painful muscles and joints, respiratory problems and cellulite, as well as when colds and flu strike.
Cream or lotion: When used in a cream or lotion, it is helpful to clear oily congested skin and is also often used to help fight cellulite and remove the cottage cheese effect from the skin.
Tip: It is with consistency that you will receive results, many of these ingredients are wondering healing properties if used correctly and with consistency.
Remember to love your body, your hair, love you. It matters how you treat the shell, your home in which you live in. It is not just about hair but overall health and care.