Welcome back to my blog!
Today's discussion is on protective styling
* Protective Styling
It is important to know what styling method works for your hair best. I have 4b-4c hair I believe which contributes to the many tangles my hair can get from being exposed to the elements.
~wigs, clipins, braids, twist
* Nourish your Body : make sure to eat healthy, fruits and vegetables are your friend
* Moisturize daily or when your hair needs to be restored.
* Maintain a clean scalp
It is vital to have a clean scalp for maximum hair growth. Our hair grows out for our scalp so it is very important to make sure it is not a breathing ground for infections, product build and other preventative ways to hinder hair growth.
*Apple Cider Vinegar
~helps with detangling
~used to balance ph of your hair scalp
*Aloe Vera Gel
~can be used in your leave-ins
~used to help with detangling as well
* Detangling : I have realize that my hair must be detangled and stretch at all times to eliminate knots, and tangles, for this reason my hair stays in a protective styles 99% of the time. Hair that is thoroughly detangled helps with styling.
* Deep conditioning
~keep it regular
~Hair that is deep condition regularly is easier to manage
* Leave-ins : Kinky Curly Knot today
*Jamaican Black Castor Oil
~carrier oil must be diluted with an essential oil or used lightly
~is best used in leave-ins, and the ends of your hair and in Hot oil treatments when mixed with other carrier and essential oils.
*Grape Seed oil
~carrier oil that is very light and can be used on your hair and scalp and adsorb more quickly into your hair scalp
What you should invest in:
~sulfate free shampoo
* Be gentle with your hair when detangling and protective styling. It will thank you later