Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to Maintain your healthy skin **Summer to Fall**

Our skin changes every season especially if you live in a country like Canada. I find that my skin goes through many changes from summer 4o fall to winter. I can admit I have only recently figured out my skin regimen for summer. It is actually quite simple now for me. My problem is oily skin and cleaning out my pores as they can become clog due to the weather.

As summer comes to an end my focus for my skin is to also protect my skin from the harsh winter months.

Moisturize: Use cream based product to combat dry skin, for me using natural oils tends to work for me.

Cleanse gently: Use gentle cleanses to on your skin, during the winter months your skin is more likely to let you know which products are harsh on your skin. Pay attention to your skin as harsh cleanses can strip away natural oils from the skin. Use jojoba oils which is similar to the skin's natural oil to replenish your skin if it has been severely strip. Also please note that what works for others may not always work for you.

Exfoliate: This has become one of my daily routines, and so far I often here "your glowing" nt because am pregnant but becuase my skin has really flourish this summer which I hope to carry into winter. The summer months bring sunburns, chlorine and oil have dulled your complexion, exfoliating can take off some dead cells and give your skin a fresher and more radiant appearance.

*Exfoliating allows your skin’s surface to readily absorb other treatments.
Prepare for flare ups: In the fall many tend to experience flare up because skin conditions tend to go through cycles. Prepare yourself by having prescriptions and other natural remedies ready for you.

Have Sun Protection: Keep in mind that just because fall is here and you see the clouds setting in, we are in no way shape or form protect your skin UV ray damage. To prevent your skin from aging prematurely and to reduce your risk of developing skin cancer, apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen.

So how to transition to fall

* continue to eat healthy so your skin and boby can reap the benefits, snack on almonds and fruits
* maintain an active lifestyle at least 3 times a week
* working out in the morning for at least 30 minutes will help you feel and look better throughout the day.
* Drink lots of water
* This is the time of year your skin craves hydraton
* Adding oil to your fall regimen will prevent dryness and cracking
* Exfoliate your body and hands as well again making sure not to strip the skin of essential oils.
* Use cream on your hands to keep them moisturized
* For your feet use a foot scrub daily t/ mainta)n smooth and soft feet.

Remember to do your research and understand your body as you would with your hair!!

xoxo
Empower, Embrace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by....