Thursday, August 9, 2012

To use or not to use : Soybean oil


source

If your like me you tend to experiment with what you
have in your cupboard collection for you natural
hair. Recently, I ran out of products to use on my hair
and randomly mix conditioners and any oils I could find
to make my pre-poo.

This probably could have turned out bad but it went pretty well, considering the results of my hair.

Unfortunately I did not take any pics but I will be sure to try this again in the near future, this time with before and after pics.

I decided to do a pre-poo to try and combat those stubborn fairy knots that drove me insane.

I picked up the coconut oil, castor oil, and olive oil and realized (damn) I want to use more oils. I knew I had some cooking oils so search through my cupboard and decided to do some research on soybean oil and hopefully learn something new and great for my hair.

There are mixed research on soybean oil, like anything
else for us natural it's a trial and error or success!

Soybean oil is high in lipids and amino proteins, and can be used for purposes of medicinal,
therapeutic,  and culinary. This oil is great when used to replenish dry, damaged hair allowing
the hair to be coated to create shine and manageability.




Some key points

  • soya oil is cheap
  • high smoke point
  • does not contain much saturated fat
  • no cholesterol


What are the benefits of soybean oil?

One of the main benefits of soya oil is moisture that it provides for your natural hair. As you
all may know by now natural hair absords moisture  and it is in constant need for it, this is a
great oil to add to any oil mixture although your hair may not adsorb this oil as easily as it would
adsorb an oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil this oil is great at providing a coating effect for better
shine when used alone.
It is definitely more effective when mixed with other essential and carrier oils.
Click here for article on Essential Oils and Click Here for article on Carrier Oils

What is soybean oil made of?

Soybean oil is an oil that is extract from the seeds of soybean.

How often can I use soya oil?

It is light enough to use a a daily conditioner, however like anything else it may not agree with
you.From my research I have learned it is best when used as a mixture once a week placed in
your mixtures of conditioner (deep conditioning) if you are unsure of the good and bad
consequences it may cause to your hair.

My experience with soya oil

Although I did use this oil a while back, I had no negative effects on my hair. My hair seemed
toenjoy what I had done to it. I have only used the soya oil twice and maybe that is not long
enough to give the type of feedback I would love to but I can tell you that between those two
times I had no clumps of hair falling out, my hair was soft and of course that could also be
contributed to the many oils and natural conditioners I mixed for my treatment. I would certainly
try this oil out again but I wont be using this oil by itself. My hair seems to love the consistency
of what I have used and been doing so I will continue to do so. I would recommend using this
oil with essential and carrier oils I have linked articles in this post with more information on both.

What is the shelf life of soybean oil?

Like many oils soybean oils have a shelf life of 1 year and is best to be stored at room temperature

What are some other uses of Soybean oil?

Non-food products include bio diesel, inks, plasticizers, crayons, paints, and soy candles.

What to know about oils?

Oils rich in polyunsaturated oils tend to be larger and therefore cannot manoeuvres around or
through the cuticle easily. These such oils are soybean oil, corn oil, sunflower oil. The saturated
and mono saturated oils are compact in size and therefore can manoeuvres around through the
cuticle some of these oils include (castor oil, Shea butter, avocado oil)

Other helpful resources:

I came across this article that explained in detail not only hair growth with soybean but also
some benefits and explanations as to why many of us do go bald : CLICK HERE

Not hydrogenated

Oils               Smoke point

Canola               400
coconut             350
Corn                  450
Cottonseed         420
Olive                  374
Palm                  455
Peanut                437
Safflower           510
Soybean             460
Sunflower          440

Click Here for more information on Soybean oil


If you have any question feel free to leave all questions below and comments.




Empower, Embrace, create and unite


*Dejavunaturals*

*Stans*


Don't forget join my on youtube and subscribe Click Here, on facebook click here and join me
and of course Thank you all for visiting and coming back to my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by....