This is one of my favorite staples products in my hair product list. it has done amazing things for my ends and my hair. I have to be careful with this product however because my hair is thick and this product tends to thicken your hair. I was very excited when I found this product in my local Jamaican store, and they had the black pure castor oil. Inexpensive and exactly what I needed. I do not use the clear castor oil, I just prefer to use the the pure unrefined version. I want you all to do your research if your looking for the pure one because some stores may say it's the pure black castor oil but it really isnt, so be careful.
Many manufacturers add colouring to the castor oil and place a label on it saying black castor oil. Black castor oil has a distinct smell and this is one way you can tell apart the real from the fake.
For your Natural Hair
Castor oil can be used for so many different purposes it is an ancient rememdy that was brought from Africa to Jamaica. Black castor oil can cleanse toxins from your scalp, nourish ad thicken the hair, stimulate hair growth, moisturize dry brittle hair.
I use castor oil in many of my homemade hair care products, and I do not think I will ever stop. The great thing about this oil is that you really dont need to use that muc of this product a little goes a long way because it is so thick.
Black Castor oil is great for the ends of you hair, try applying this t your leave in conditioner for me it works.
Keep in mind that Jamaican black castor oil is raw and unrefined which means it has grow through less processing and contains more nutrients.
Benefits of Castor Oil
Omega-9 fatty acids which help moisturize the hair and the scalp preventing both from becoming dry, great for cleansing the scalp and protecting your ends.
Helps promote thicker, and fuller hair over time
Helps reduce and preventing damage
Helps to thicken hair that is thinning out and fragile
Castor oil is great even when mixed with other oils and applied to conditioners and shampoos. Try mixing it with sweet almond oil, coconut oil, or olive oil these all work to reduce its thick consistency.
Recipe for thinning hair
Do no apply to much castor oil to your hair it canbe diffuclt to remove it is very thick but this will work if your starting your natural journey and would like to grow thick and healthy hair
- Apply to the scalp and roots of your hair.
- Put on a plastic cap
- Sit under your heating cap for 15 mins or Wrap your hair in a towel
- Let the castor oil sit in your hair overnight, or a few hours
- Shampoo your hair to remove the treatment making sure to get your scalp clean,
- Use a conditioner like Giovanni (my favourite) leave on for 20 mins to as long as you desire, rinse
- Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar, great for restoring the ph balance of your scalp
- Apply for example leave-in
- Take picture so you track your progress to see if it works well for you
- Keep a hair journal, reminding you of your treatments, this is will for anyone just starting their journey
- Be patient! nothin happens over night but the results are rewarding
Okay naturals for now thats all, if you have any questions any concerns with your hair let me know. I am always looking for the next best thing to talk about. I enjoy responding to all my emails, I really do, it lets me know my readers are loving it as much as I am. Thank you guys for the continued support....
you can find me on facebook at dejavunaturals
youtube channel: dejavunaturals